Valentine’s Day has passed two days ago, but I am sure that many of you out there didn’t bother to celebrate Valentine’s Day on the day itself but everyday with your love ones. Contrary to popular belief, Valentine’s Day is not only celebrated by couples but everyone. It is a special day to remember and cherish your love ones. It may not be only your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife but it applies to everyone including your parents or your children if that matters.
To florists, Valentine’s Day is a day to make the most bucks. A bouquet of only five roses in Kuala Lumpur can fetch the price of RM180 to RM250 depending on the colour of the roses and the decorations that comes along with it. I do not really fancy flowers as I think they are just a waste of money. Instead, I would prefer food.
For those who are romantic and is good in the kitchen, it is good to cook a meal for your love ones. Dining at a restaurant can be very “painful” in terms of the money spent for food. Furthermore, you will not be the only couple there. There will be many couples waiting and each and everyone of them expect to be served like a “king”. But unfortunately, this only happens in movies and you will need to just join the queue and wait for your turn to be served. If you do not like waiting, cooking is the alternative.
Cooking can be fairly easy if you practice. Here is a Chicken Chop recipe which I found to be very easy to cook especially if you are a newbie in cooking. I hope you will enjoy it. Remember to keep everything simple and everything will go smoothly on this special night.
What you need:
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 4 -6 pork chops or boneless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- BBQ sauce
- Place the pork chops or chicken into a large ziploc bag or bowl with a lid (not a metal container).
- Pour salad dressing in the bag or bowl.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag or shaking up the bowl 3 or 4 times.
- Place the chops on a hot grill or in a pan and cook until juices run clear.
- Baste these with butter as they cook so they stay tender.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sides.